Why settle for just looking at a picture?! Vocabulary Ninja has brought images to life to help bring description to life! Just like the images! Teaching ideas at the bottom of the page!
- Use in conjunction with Vocabulary Ninja Word of the Day.
- Use as a settling activity when pupils arrive in the classroom.
- Ask pupils to write a short story, using the GIF as a stimuli.
- Have pupils generate a list of vocabulary that they could use to describe.
- Focus on verbs, noun, adjectives, prepositions that come to mind - list them.
- 5 word story challenge - pupils may only use 5 words!
- List colours that can be seen, then modify with an adjective.
- Discuss emotions the images generate, why? How does colour affect this.
- Use a a stimuli within texts or stories read in class.
- Exciting openings for pupils - develop a character, story begins here.
- Drama - have pupils act out being in the scene.